Summary in Plain Language
This is an historical narrative compiled over a number of years nearly all of which is my research. It cannot be definitive. Certain assumptions are based on my judgement of “the balance of probabilities” given the lack of concrete evidence being available. Bear this in mind when you use this site. I cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
If you think something is wrong tell me! I would love to hear from you.
Before accessing the research pages please be sure you want to know the information contained in this website.There are some tragic tales in here and graphic information. I will not be held responsible for any distress caused by information not previously known by the reader.
I have not knowingly included information about anyone living. Please let me know if you find otherwise.
All photographs are copyrighted to the Hutton and Haile families unless otherwise stated. Please attribute us as the source as per the creative commons licence below.
The website will be changing constantly as more research is conducted and more resources become available.
The website will almost certainly be down on occasions for reasons totally beyond my control. Don’t you just hate technology sometimes?
We don’t store personal information (as per GDPR). We don’t have a mailing list
The term ‘huttonfamilytree’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only.
- It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We will not be held responsible for any distress caused by information not previously known by the reader.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website meets your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- This website is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA) license. Consistent with that license, the manner of attribution shall be the preservation all source citations relevant to the database or any part.In other words you are free, and even encouraged, to verify any fact—obtain for yourself the material of any source—and if you do you are under no obligation to cite this database. However, if you choose instead to build upon this work, you must abide by the requirements of the Creative Commons license and these instructions regarding attribution.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Some images such as census returns, birth certificates, and other National Archive documents are copyright of the National Archives, Public Record Office and General Register Office and may be used for the purpose of research, private study or education. If you wish to use the images from this site for any other reason or wish to enquire further regarding their use, please contact the National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU. Infringement of the above conditions may result in legal action by the National Archives. Or alternatively contact The General Register Office, Communications Manager, Trafalgar Road, Southport, PR8 2HH.